Youth Club/Select Program
Metro FC’s club philosophy is rooted in the belief that player development is more important than winning at all costs. Our focus is on development and growth, which drives every decision we make. Through effective training and coaching, our players continually develop and grow...learning different positions, getting ample playing time in all phases of matches, and having the chance to improve without focusing on winning as the most important outcome. All while learning how to compete and prepare for the transition to upper age groups with the option to participate in and balance other sports and activities.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE:
- High quality coaching staff and professional training (8 weeks of Club Training each season).
- Goalkeeper-specific training for players at appropriate ages.
- Opportunity to train through the winter for all age groups.
- Age appropriate and developmentally appropriate training curriculum for all age groups.
- The ability to commit to club soccer at a competitive level while still balancing family life and participation in other sports. We encourage multi-sport athletes and do not believe in specialization at this age!
OUR PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
- We serve U8-U12 age groups (7v7 & 9v9 formats, also called Youth or "Grassroots Age Groups").
- The youth club/select soccer year has two seasons:
- Fall (August thru October)
- Spring (March thru May)
- During these seasons, we aim for three "contacts" per week.
- Teams train a minimum of twice per week either with their team coach or with a professional club trainer (8 weeks of club training provided each season), and then have some form of competition (game or tournament). (Note: A third training may be added if no game is scheduled that week.)
- Teams have once per week indoor training during the winter (January and February). [Some teams elect to also play in an indoor league--not required and is an additional expense.]
- Each team has one league entry (7-9 games) per season.
- Our teams play in either the Buckeye Premier Youth Soccer League (BPYSL) or the Miami Valley Youth Soccer Association (MVYSA) leagues.
- One tournament per season (2 total) for 7v7 teams (fall and spring) OR two tournaments per season (4 total) for 9v9 teams (fall and spring).
- Tournament location is determined by the individual team/coach (usually a mix of local and southern Ohio with some older teams ocasionally traveling further away (usually 2-3 hours max).
- Goalkeeper-Specific Training available for players interested in playing in goal.
- Teams are generally OFF November through December and June through July.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN CLUB FEES:
- Uniforms: Puma uniform kits are refreshed club-wide every two years (Fall Season of Odd Years)
- Club Pre-Season Camp: Prep for the start of the season by joining us the 2nd week of August for our 3-Day Metro FC Camp (registration opens in July).
- Optional Indoor Leagues: Participation determined on a team-by-team basis.